All-time Quotes by #Abdul Kalam
The crux of his life in his very own words:
“My story—the story of the son of Jainulabdeen, who lived for over a hundred years on Mosque Street in Rameswaram island and died there; the story of a lad who sold newspapers to help his brother; the story of a pupil reared by Sivasubramania Iyer and Iyadurai Solomon; the story of a student taught by teachers like Pandalai; the story of an engineer spotted by MGK Menon and groomed by the legendary Prof. Sarabhai; the story of a scientist tested by failures and setbacks; the story of a leader supported by a large team of brilliant and dedicated professionals. This story will end with me, for I have no belongings in the worldly sense. I have acquired nothing, built nothing, possess nothing—no family, sons, daughters.”
Some very unique and inspiring quotes by the great man:
1. “All birds find shelter during a rain . But Eagles avoid rain by flying above the clouds. Problems are common ,but attitude make the difference .
2. “Let me define a leader. He must have #vision and passion and not be afraid of any problem. Instead, he should know how to defeat it. Most importantly, he must work with integrity.
3. “Anyone who converts a challenge into an opportunity through innovation creates wealth. He or she indeed is a leader, are you?
4. “Yesterday leaders commanded the control (yesterday they were commanders, the leaders). Today, leaders empower and coach, that means potential leaders will be empowered to the exposure of needs of sustainable development, what we need today.
5. “For #success in all missions, it is essential to have creative leaders in our country or anywhere else. Creative #leadership means exercising the vision to change the traditional role from the commander to the coach.
6. “What is Success? When your signature changes to ‘Autograph’.
7. “Take risks in your life.
If you win, you can lead!
If you lose, you can guide!
8. “Man needs difficulties because they are necessary to enjoy success.
9. “Don’t read success stories you will get only messages, read failure stories you will get some ideas to get success.
10. “######dreams are not what you see in your sleep, dreams are what which doesn’t let you sleep.
11. “You have to dream before your dreams can come true.
12. “To succeed in your #mission, you must have single-minded devotion to your goal. Also “If you get No as an answer, remember N.O. means “Next Opportunity”. So Let’s be positive.
13. “If you salute your duty, you have no need to salute anybody,
But- If you pollute your duty, you have to salute everybody.
14. “I am not a handsome guy, But ‘ I can give my hand-to-some one who needs help.
Beauty is in the heart Not in the face.
15. “Never rest after your first victory, because many lips are waiting to say that your first victory was just luck.
16. “If a country is to be corruption free and become a nation of beautiful minds, I strongly feel there are three key societal members who can make a difference. They are the father, the mother and the teacher.
17. “It is very easy to defeat someone, but it is very hard to win someone.
18. “Suffering is the essence of success.
19. “Dream, Dream Dream
Dreams transform into thoughts
And thoughts result in action.
20. “My message, especially to young people is to have courage to think differently, courage to invent, to travel the unexplored path, courage to discover the impossible and to conquer the problems and succeed. These are great qualities that they must work towards.
21. “Learning gives creativity
Creativity leads to thinking
Thinking provides knowledge
Knowledge makes you great.
22. “Failure will never overtake me if my definition to succeed is strong enough.
23. “See the flower, how generously it distributes perfume and honey. When it’s work is done, it falls away quietly. Try to be like the flower, unassuming despite all it’s qualities.
24. “When your hopes and dreams and goals are dashed, search among the wreckage, you may find a golden opportunity hidden in the ruins.
25. “The sides of the mountain sustain life, not the peak. This is where things grow, experience is gained, and technologies are mastered. The importance of the peak lies only in the fact that it defines the sides.
As he rightly said, we are all born with a divine fire in us. Our efforts should be to give wings to this fire and fill the world with the glow of its goodness.